Scan documents and distribute them in a variety of ways: print the document, save it to disk, route it via e-mail or FTP, send it to another applications etc.
Scanned Document Distributor is a highly configurable application that scans documents and can perform any number of actions on them.
Scanned Document Distributor lets you define ‘profiles’. Each profile contains a scan action, followed by one or more actions to be performed on the scanned document(s). These 5 action types are available:
- Print the scanned document, on the selected local or networked printer.
- Save the scanned document on a local, external or networked disk, in PDF, TIFF, JPG, GIF or PNG format.
- Send the scanned document via e-mail as a file attachment, in PDF, TIFF, JPG, GIF or PNG format.
- Send the scanned document to an FTP server as file in PDF, TIFF, JPG, GIF or PNG format.
- Run an application with as input the scanned document as file in PDF, TIFF, JPG, GIF or PNG format.
For every action you define, you will also define a number of parameters to be used in that action, for instance what file name must be used in a Save the document to disk action.
Automatic Document Feeders (ADF) on scanners are supported. In case of PDF or TIFF files, all documents scanned in one run can be put into one multi-page PDF or TIFF file. In other cases file names will have a sequence number added to them to make them unique.
So, a typical profile could define:
- a scan action to scan in black and white a bunch of Letter sized documents, using the ADF, at a scan resolution of 300 dots per inch
- an action to print the scanned documents to local printer X
- an action to print the scanned documents to networked printer Y
- an action to save the scanned documents to a networked disk as a multi-page PDF file
- an action to save the scanned documents to a local disk as a multi-page TIFF file
- an action to send the scanned documents as a PDF file to e-mail address x
- an action to send the scanned documents as a PDF file to e-mail address y, with a different mail subject and mail message
- an action to send the scanned documents as a PDF file to FTP server xxxx
- an action to run application X for the scanned documents in PDF format, in which application X could for instance store the document in a database, based on computer name, user name and date and time of origin.
Scanned Document Distributor can create shortcuts for defined profiles. Clicking such a shortcut would start up Scanned Document Distributor, which immediately starts to execute all actions defined in the profile, without requiring any further user action (except of course putting the document on the scanner).
- A Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 system.
- A scanner that complies with the Twain standard (most scanners do).
- You can add a description for profiles.