Q-Dir displays up to four Windows directories in one window. It also offers features familiar from web browsing, such as tabs within windows. The portable format means it can be run without installation, for example from the desktop or from a USB memory stick.
Features at a glance:
- Favourites: Faster creation of favourites for faster access to frequently used folders
- Drag & drop: Functions between the Q-Dir directory view and other programs (e.g. Windows Explorer)
- Clipboard: copy/paste between the Q-Dir directory views and other programs (E.g. Windows Explorer)
- View modes: Large icons, tiles, list, details, thumbnail (Windows Vista: extra large symbols)
- Export: to XLS, CSV, TXT, HTML file formats
- Popup menus: desktop, workstation
- Magnifier: enlarged display content on the screen
- Mark filter: allows a quick highlight of objects
- Multi-INI: multiple INI files for Q-Dir
Q-Dir provides a function not included in Windows Explorer: the program allows the view and work with up to four directories at once – and that without sacrificing familiar features from Explorer. Q-Dir is available in portable and 64-bit versions.