FileZilla Client is a fast and reliable cross-platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client with lots of useful features and an intuitive graphical user interface.
- Easy to use
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X and more
- IPv6 support
- Available in many languages
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Tabbed user interface
- Powerful Site Manager and transfer queue
- Drag & drop support
- Configurable transfer speed limits
- Filename filters
- Directory comparison
- Network configuration wizard
- Remote file editing
- HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP-Proxy support
- Logging to file
- Synchronized directory browsing
- Remote file search
Installing on Mac OS X
Please note that the official binaries for FileZilla require OS X 10.5 or greater.
To install FileZilla, simply download the appropriate file to your computer. Most Macs made since 2006 use an Intel CPU as processor, so you want to download the package for Intel processor. However if you have a G4 or G5 CPU, you want to use the PowerPC package. If you are unsure, try the Intel version first.
If you have downloaded the FileZilla package using Safari, it will be automatically extracted. You might have to manually extract the archive if you’re using a different browser. To start FileZilla, simply doubleclick the extracted application bundle.