Looking for an easy-to-use RSS and Atom reader for your Mac? You have found it! The Eddy award-winning NetNewsWire has a familiar three-paned interface and can fetch and display news from thousands of different websites and weblogs.
Bring the power of RSS right to your Mac OS X desktop. 2005 Eddy Awards – NetNewsWire 2
- New! UI update with new toolbar icons.
- New! Performance and memory enhancements including an improved Combined View which uses multiple pages to display long lists of items.
- New! HTML Archive feature – saves news items as HTML files on disk. These files are compatible with any web browser.
- Desktop integration – Address Book, iCal, iPhoto, Growl, Twitterrific and more.
- Great new look – improved Combined View, feed “cover art”, full-screen mode, and tabs with thumbnails and animations.
- Synchronized clippings – read your saved articles from the web or another NewsGator reader.
- Microformat detection for contacts and calendar events.
- Automatic checking for newer versions of the software.
- Automatic download of podcasts and transfer to iTunes.
- Smart lists to aggregate news from your feeds based on criteria.
NetNewsWire requires Mac OS X 10.5 or greater, and runs on PowerPC and Intel Macs.
NetNewsWire 3.2.15 fixes a number of syncing bugs:
- Fixed at least one cause of a bug where syncing could appear to get stuck. (It would sometimes start but not finish and the indicator would keep spinning.)
- Fixed a bug where synced feeds wouldn’t get Growl notifications.
- Fixed a bug where synced feeds that are suspended would get refreshed anyway.
- Fixed a bug downloading enclosures for synced feeds.
- Stop button now works for syncing in the Activity window.
- Fixed a bug logging into Google Reader where it could lock up the UI.