Firefox 3.6 is the fastest and most advanced Firefox ever. Firefox 3.6 is built on Mozilla’s Gecko 1.9.2 web rendering platform, which has been under development since early 2009 and contains many improvements for web developers, add-on developers, and users.
This version is also faster and more responsive than previous versions and has been optimized to run on small device operating systems such as Maemo.
They’ve been working hard to make DOM access and manipulation even faster in Firefox 3.6. It’s over 2x faster than Firefox 3 and 25% faster than Firefox 3.5. They’ve removed overhead from our code, added new fast-access query and manipulation methods, and added support for new standards. Upgrade to the lastest version today!
- Firefox will not run at all without the following libraries or packages:
- GTK+ 2.10 or higher
- GLib 2.12 or higher
- Pango 1.14 or higher
- X.Org 1.0 or higher
- For optimal functionality, we recommend the following libraries or packages:
- NetworkManager 0.7 or higher
- DBus 1.0 or higher
- HAL 0.5.8 or higher
- GNOME 2.16 or higher
Firefox 3.6.2 fixes the following issues found in previous versions of Firefox 3.6:
- Fixed a critical security issue that could potentially allow remote code execution.
- Fixed several additional security issues.
- Fixed several stability issues.