IP Scanner for Macintosh scans your local area network to determine the identity of all active machines and internet devices on the LAN. Powerful results, yet easy and intuitive to use. Runs on OS X 10.4 and above. Free to use on small networks (up to 6 devices) and $29.99 for larger networks.
IP Scanner is designed to allow you to customize your scan results; once a device has been identified, you may assign it a custom icon and name to more easily recognize it at a glance.
Other notable features:
- Sort network list by device name, IP address, MAC address or Last Seen
- Get an overview of the current network or view changes over time in the ‘cumulative mode’
- Highly configurable display – don’t need to see the MAC address column…don’t display it! Text too small…make it larger!!
- Double-click a device to obtain more information and to customize its appearance; assign custom icons based on MAC address or IP number
- Add devices you know to a whitelist to better highlight new/unknown ones
- Right-click a device to initiate Ping or port scans
- Local network segments are scanned automatically; custom ranges may be added manually