FrostWire is an open-source peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing program. It uses the Gnutella network and is heavily based on the better-known LimeWire program. It is a fork of LimeWire with few modifications. Features:
- Completely Free & open-source
- Firewall-to-firewall transfers
- Turbo-Charged Download Speeds
- Absolutely NO Spyware or Adware
- Connects to more sources
- Creative Commons license support
- Max. speed network connections
- Junk Result Filters
- Community Chat Rooms
- iTunes Integration
- BitTorrent Support
- Proxy Support Linux Debian.
frostwire (4.21.8) stable; urgency=high
* Fixes a possible freeze reported by some users when the configuration
wizard is shown.
* Fixes issue when a user changes default Gnutella Save Folder
and unchecks Sharing finished downloads. Individually shared
files from the old Save Folder would still be shared.
Now all individually shared files will be unshared if you uncheck
* Now users don’t have to re-start to stop seeding after they’ve changed
their torrent Seeding Configuration. All torrents old and new will stop
seeding as soon as the setting is applied.
* Better wording to explain on which networks files are being shared on,
Gnutella or BitTorrent.
* Changed color of “Sharing Options” gear icon to blue, gray
icon may have seemed as if the button was disabled.
* Added “Sharing Options” gear button on Search Tab. It’s only visible
once a search has been started.
* Added Help Menu options to learn about how to share/unshare files,
torrent seeding, and how to avoid being scammed into paying for
FrostWire. DO NOT PAY FOR FROSTWIRE.