Internet Explorer 8. Faster, Easier, More Private, and More Secure. Internet Explorer 8 for Vista is the latest version of the familiar web browser you are comfortable using, helping you get everything you want from the web faster, easier, more privately and securely than ever before.
- Faster Internet Explorer 8 is more responsive with new pages and tabs, opening up fast and reliably. You can now get to the information you care about most, in fewer steps; one click access to your webmail, favorite news sites or other online services.
- Easier Reduce the steps to accomplish many common tasks, and automate your access to real time information updates. You can keep track of your favorite sports team, news, weather with a single click.
- More Private Helps protect your privacy and confidential information where ever you go on the web.
- More Secure Helps protect and stop malicious software from reaching your PC, and makes it easier to detect when a website is an imposter.
- Add a Web Slice and you won’t have to go back to the same website again and again for updates on news, stock quotes, online auctions, weather, or even sports scores—now those updates will come to you. The new Web Slice feature provides up-to-the-minute information on the sites you care about most in one convenient place on the new Favorites bar. This version supports Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows Vista Service Pack 1. Other downloads are available for other operating systems.