Major performance enhancements and revolutionary -Awesome Bar- make Firefox 3 the fastest, smartest, most powerful browser Mozilla has ever released.
Firefox is Mozillas fast, full-featured browser that enables you to browse faster, more safely, and more efficiently than with any other browser. Firefox will automatically import favorites, settings and other information from your old browser. Firefox protects you from viruses, spyware and pop-ups and features tabbed browsing to open multiple Web pages in a single browser window. Firefox 3 sets the pace with dozens of new features to deliver a faster, more secure and customizable Web browsing experience for all.
- User Experience. The enhancements to Firefox 3 provide the best possible browsing experience on the Web.
- Performance. Firefox 3 is built on top of the powerful new Gecko 1.9 platform, resulting in a safer, easier to use and more personal product.
- Security. Firefox 3 raises the bar for security. The new malware and phishing protection helps protect from viruses, worms, trojans and spyware to keep people safe on the Web.
- Customization. Everyone uses the Web differently, and Firefox 3 lets users customize their browser with more than 5,000 add-ons. Please note that Linux distributors may provide packages for your distribution which have different requirements.
- Firefox will not run at all without the following libraries or packages: o GTK+ 2.10 or higher o GLib 2.12 or higher o Pango 1.14 or higher o X.Org 1.0 or higher
- For optimal functionality, we recommend the following libraries or packages: o NetworkManager 0.7 or higher o DBus 1.0 or higher o HAL 0.5.8 or higher o GNOME 2.16 or higher. Firefox 3.0.11 fixes several issues found in Firefox 3.0.10:
- Fixed several security issues.
- Fixed several stability issues.
- Several issues were reported with the internal database, SQLite, which have now been fixed by upgrading to a newer version.
- Fixed an issue where, in some specific cases, the bookmarks database would become corrupt.